Pimples are a normal skin condition that occurs when the sebaceous organs, which are situated at the base of hair follicles, becomes infected with bacteria, swells up, and fills with pus.
There are a lot of lotions and medicines in the market to treat pimples and acne. But they may contain harmful chemicals which may cause many side effects in your skin. Therefore, try some natural home remedies to treat your pimples.
Here are a few effective home remedies that can help you remove pimples or acne rapidly and easily.
Ice helps reducing the swelling and inflammation of pimples. Ice cubes provide a fast and soothing relief from pimples.
- Wrap an ice cube in a piece of soft cloth and hold it on the pimple for two to three minutes.
- Wait a few minutes and repeat the process. Do not leave the ice on your skin for too long.
Toothpaste dries out the pimples and treats pimples quickly. Its antibacterial properties help eliminating bacteria that causes pimples.
- Apply some white toothpaste over the pimples before going to bed. Do not use gel-based toothpaste.
- Wash your face with cold water in the morning.
Garlic is an antiviral, antifungal, antiseptic and antioxidant agent that can help in the quick treatment of pimples. Garlic also helps preventing pimple breakouts in the future.
- Cut a fresh garlic clove into two pieces.
- Rub the garlic on the pimples and leave it for 5-10 minutes
- Wash your face with lukewarm water.
Repeat the treatment several times a day.
Baking Soda is another powerful home solution that dries out the pimple and brings the skin’s pH to an optimum level. It also helps evacuating abundance oil, and removing dead skin cells.
- Mix one teaspoon of baking soda with some water or lemon juice and make a thick and smooth paste.
- Apply the paste on the pimple and leave for a couple of minutes to dry.
- Wash your face with warm water.
Do this twice a day for speedy results.
Lemon helps reduce inflammation and swelling and dry up pimples faster.
- Dip the cotton ball in fresh lemon juice
- Apply it on pimples before going to bed.
- Wash your face as usual in the morning.
Warning: This remedy may cause dryness, irritation, and redness for those with sensitive skin.
Steaming is a wonderful remedy for pimples. It opens your pores and helps get rid of oils, impurities and bacteria trapped in the pores that can cause infection or inflammation.
- Fill a large container with water in boiling temperature.
- Position your face over the container and allow the rising steam come into contact with your face for a few minutes.
- Wipe your face with a clean towel or tissue.